Thursday, February 10, 2011

What I’m Reading Right Now



Reshaping It All


Candace Cameron Bure’s book is not changing my life, but it is pretty good. (Yes, that Candace Cameron…DJ from Full House). She has a little bit of that perfect-mom-persona going on that is one part admirable and one part annoying. What I do love about this book is her very real reliance on the Lord for her success in life, specifically in weight loss. She really does submit to the Holy Spirit her desires for food. Her advice is a combination of Beck’s behavioral therapy (see The Beck Diet Solution) and a healthy dose of the Holy Spirit, which Beck’s plan clearly lacked. Candace is really challenging me to remember the spiritual side of every problem and struggle.
I desire to be a good steward of every gift the Lord has given me. Whether that’s money, talent, time, or my body. I am being encouraged by the following verses specifically in this area of self control and health:
“But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.” I Corinthians 9:27 ESV
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” I Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV

What verses do you look to for encouragement with being healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment